THE LUTHERAN CHURCH OF UGANDA (LCU)
Motto: “The Just shall live by faith”. Romans 1:17
Vision: ‘A Christ-Centered Church Body, Growing in Grace and Committed to fulfill the Great Commission of Proclaiming Christ to the World’
Mission : ‘Growing in Jesus Christ and making Him known to all people by Living, Preaching, Teaching the Word of God and Celebrating the Sacraments, while Holistically nurturing Believers and Raising Leaders and Resources for the Church’s outreach’
STATEMENT OF FAITH
The LCU and every Communicant Church Member Upholds, Adheres, and Accepts without reservation the basic tenets of the Christian faith, as stated hereunder:
- The unity of God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit (One Triune God) – The Holy Trinity.
- The Sovereignty of God in Creation, Revelation, Redemption and final Judgement of Mankind.
- The divine inspiration and entire trust worthiness of the Holy Scriptures as originally given by God himself and its Supreme Authority in all matters of Faith, Practice, and Conduct.
- The Universal Sinfulness and Guilt of Humanity since the fall of Adam and Eve rendering them to God’s Wrath and Condemnation without respect of persons and without discrimination on account of age, gender, race, nation, colour, social position, or otherwise.
- The Unity of all Believers in Christ without respect of persons and without discrimination account of age, gender, race, nation, colour social position or otherwise.
- The Bodily Resurrection of our LORD JESUS CHRIST from the dead and His glorious ascension to the right and hand of God the Father.
- The Justification of a Sinner by the Grace of God alone through faith alone in Jesus Christ out Lord alone.
- The Presence and Power of the Holy Spirit in the work of Regeneration.
- The one Holy Universal Church, which is the Body of Christ and to which all True Believers Belong.
- The Expectation of the personal return of the risen LORD JESUS CHRIST to judge the living and the dead.
- The LCU and every communicant Church Member accepts without reservation the following
All the Symbolical Books of the Lutheran Church as a true and unadultered statement and exposition of the Word of God, namely the: three Ecumenical Creeds, Unaltered Augusburg Confession, Apology for the Augsburg Confession, Smalcald Articles, Large Catechism and Small Catechism of Luther, and the Formula of Concord.
To unite in one corporate body the members of the Church who acknowledge and remain true to the Book of Concord of the year of our Lord 1580, as a true confession of Biblical and Christian doctrine