Evangelism, Outreach and Church Planting.
Church planting especially in areas where the Christian church does not exist has been emphasized over the last 25 years. In her effort to achieve the objective of fulfilling the great commission of Our Lord Jesus Christ, LCU reaches out to the un-churched people with the Gospel using various ways including; house to house evangelism, Bible studies, Catechism classes, mass media etc.
Training of Church Leaders
The LCU believes in training of church leaders in order to bring consistence and commitment to the church’s vision and mission. Leadership Training has been conducted nationally to equip and encourage men and women to take up task of making and nurturing disciples. This is being done at the nine (9) Mission Training Centres (MTCs) spread in the 7 regions of the LCU, involved in training church leaders at local level and at the National level at Lutheran Theological College Uganda based at Magamaga in Mayuge District, training Pastors.
LCU carries out Social Ministry especially to the needy and underprivileged thus extending our Christian love and practice. Establishment of educational institutions, Agriculture and Health have been emphasised in the country as a way of promoting education, good health and income generation.
OTHER PROGRAMS INCLUDE;
- Worship service with Word and Sacrament Ministry.
- Sunday School Ministry.
- Annual Youth Gatherings.
- Translation of Worship and teaching materials into local languages.
- Training Workshop, Conference and Seminars for Church Leaders.
- Acquisition of Land and Construction of National Church Headquaters in Kampala
- Establishment of at-least one Secondary school in every Deanery
- Establishment of a primary school at every congregation.
- Starting of a Micro Finance and Saving Scheme.
- Development of the Lutheran Theological College into a Lutheran University.
- Drilling of more boreholes
- Establishment of Health centres.
- Establishment of more Congreagtions/ Churches Nationaly.
- Continued leadership formation and Development to manage and oversee the Growth and development of the LCU and her communities.